With Covid-19 restrictions still in place, Jan and I have revised 2020 opening dates, hours and policies for our three Blue Tulip businesses.
Blue Tulip Garden Boutique
Our shop itself will reopen July 1, on our regularly published Wednesday-Saturday, 10:00-5:00 schedule, for our 12th and final year! All merchandise is discounted 25%-50%. Shoppers will find lots of GREAT BARGAINS on Maine-made items until closing day, December 23…or until we’ve sold out our inventory.
Customers who prefer not to come into our shop may place telephone orders for gift certificates and merchandise we regularly carry such as cards, candles, soaps, lotions, handknit cotton dish cloths, rope mats, gift baskets and birdhouses. All purchases must be paid, in advance, by credit or debit card for curbside pick-up, mail order or local touchless delivery.
Beginning July 1, we will be following “best practices” for retail businesses outlined in Maine’s Covid-19 Prevention Checklist:
As owners, Jan and I will:
- Wear face masks.
- Practice good hand hygiene.
- Provide hand sanitizer at shop entrance.
- Clean and disinfect doors, door handles, counter tops regularly.
- Sanitize credit card machines, PIN pads after each sale.
- Accept payments by credit card, debit card or cash. No checks.
- Limit one customer/couple in the shop at a time. Others must wait outside.
- Provide disposable, one-use shopping bags for all purchases.
We will expect customers to:
- Make sure they are symptom-free.
- Wear face masks.
- Practice good hand hygiene, using hand sanitizer provided.
- Maintain 6-foot distance from owner, customers waiting to enter.
- Refrain from touching merchandize they don’t intend to buy.
- Self-checkout with credit or debit cards.
Jan is growing vegetables, herbs and flowers to sell at the Ocean View Grange Farmers Market. We will participate at the market Tuesdays, 9:00-1:00, from July 7 to late September.
Customers will be asked to stay in their cars if the market is crowded, wear face masks, maintain a safe distance from other shoppers, move quickly from booth to booth, and accept purchases in disposable bags. Reusable shopping bags are not allowed by current Covid-19 restrictions.
Blue Tulip Lodging
We plan to reopen our Blue Tulip apartment beginning July 4, 2020. On Monday, June 8, Maine Gov. Janet Mills announced updated lodging guidelines that include options to the 14-day quarantine for out-of-state residents who wish to stay in the state’s hotels, motels, inns, AirBandBs, vacation rentals and campsites. Beginning July 1, out-of-state adult residents, age 18 and older, with reservations for Maine lodging must complete a“Keep Maine Healthy” Certificate of Compliance (download PDF here) attesting that they:
- have not experienced Covid-19 symptoms in the last 24 hours,
- have not had close contact within the last 14 days with anyone confirmed to have Covid-19, and
- certify that one of the following 3 situations is true…
- They’ve received a negative test result for Covid-19 on a specimen taken within 72 hours of their arrival in Maine.
- They will quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Maine, or for the duration of their stay.
- They have completed a 14-day quarantine in Maine prior to this stay.
Residents of New Hampshire and Vermont are exempt from both testing and quarantine because their states’ low Covid-19 infection and death rates, as a percentage of the populations, are similar to Maine’s.
As senior citizens in our mid-70s, we are concerned about our own health and safety, and the safety of our guests. We will inform all potential guests of these guidelines and will follow them when renting our apartment to out-of-state residents.
We will fully clean and disinfect our apartment between. guests—including all bedding, linens, furnishings and kitchenware.
Blue Tulip Landscaping
Since Jan can easily maintain a safe distance from customers while working in their yards and gardens, he will continue to accept landscaping jobs throughout the spring, summer and fall of 2020. Please call him at (301) 633-1207 if you would like to speak with him about working on your property.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us at (207) 372-8102 or email@example.com if you have questions, wish to place an order, or make a lodging reservation. Please take care and be safe.
Jan and Rosemary Limmen